Community Empowering Movement for a Responsive Society CEMREST is engaged in development and capacity building projects. We are a non profit organization working to help people with disabilities, elderly, the youths and the vulnerable women and children to reduce poverty and improve the livelihoods of poor communities in Africa.
The primary objective is strengthening and empowering rural communities to perceive their own problems/needs, and to solve them through collective action and participation. As a group concerned with the plights of persons with disabilities, we aim to provide inclusive development to Persons with Disabilities by mainstreaming disability issues into development initiatives, and by changing the perception of disability within our community;
Below are our objectives;
● Facilitating North-South cooperation between rural African communities and Belgian communities
● Providing assistance to vulnerable and street children;
● The promotion of education, vocational training and decent work for youths
● The improvement of family welfare;
● Providing, Solar Electricity, Water and Sanitation
● To ensure socio-economic development of the population;
● Women and Girl child empowerment.
● To empowering and capacity building for persons with Disability and the elderly.
● To promote increased access to education and training for persons with Disability
● Assisting refugees and asylum seekers in Europe with basic and fundamental needs
● In facilitating the process of integration of refugees into the Belgian and European community.
● In providing Free clothing and minimal financial assistance.